At the regular Council meeting held on January 26, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Alberta Environment and Parks regarding lead testing requirements for municipal drinking water systems.
- Send a letter to the Alberta Justice & Solicitor General regarding the County’s opposition to the Province’s recommendation to create an Alberta Police Force.
- Send a letter to Advanced Education, that supports Northern Lakes College in continuing to serve the northern Alberta region with their current governance model.
- Send a letter to the Premier of Alberta advocating that he appoints a Minister of Municipal Affairs that has a background about rural matters.
- Send a letter of support to Xplornet Communications Inc. for their application to the Universal Broadband Fund.
Council approved the following list of capital purchases as presented: Protective Services Department – 2020 Dodge Durango $68,000; Public Works Department – Grader $585,000, Plow Truck $320,000; Agricultural Services Department – Mower $33,000, Trailer $15,000, Pickup $55,000; Community Halls – Murphy’s Flats Picnic Tables and Fire Rings $25,000.
- Council approved Policy 2.9 Municipal Rights-of-Way and Road Allowances as amended. Information regarding this will be included in the next County newsletter.
- Council rescinded Policy 6.2 Road Allowances.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B383/21 Municipal Planning Commission as presented.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B385/21 Tax Penalties Bylaw as presented. Third reading will be requested at the February 9, 2021 Council meeting.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- February 9 & 23, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.