At the regular Council meeting held on February 9, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Municipal Affairs advocating that a flood mitigation trailer be located in the Peace Region to allow for quicker response time in overland flooding situations.
- Send a letter to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta regarding the Council’s concerns about the Alberta Provincial Police Service Delivery Model Review Workshop held on February 8, 2021.
- Maintain the current park services for the 12′ Davis and 6′ Day Use Recreation Area.
- Send a letter to the Municipal District of Bonnyville indicating that the County is in support of the need for a stronger Western Canadian Municipal advocate.
- Send a letter to the Premier of Alberta in support of the MD of Spirit River, the Town of High River and Cypress County’s requests to reopen the economy.
Council appointed Trent Keller, Director of Agricultural Services, as an Agricultural Fieldman for Northern Sunrise County.
Due to the current public health restrictions, Council directed Administration to reschedule the Public Land Sale that was scheduled for February 10, 2021 to May 27, 2021.
- Policy 4.7 Health and Safety was approved as presented.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B385/21 Tax Penalties Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B389/21 for the purpose of redistricting 154.95 acres within SE-10-86-14-W5M; Plan 8120492; Block D from Forestry District (F) to Little Buffalo District (LB). The Public Hearing for this Bylaw will be March 9, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- February 23 & March 9, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.