At the regular Council meeting held on January 25, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Include an additional $8,000 in the 2022 Capital Budget for the provision of 7 benches; 3 at Cecil Thompson Park, 2 replacement benches for the Marie Reine Walking Trail and 2 at Murphy’s Flats Day Use Area.
- Request that an overview of the Educational Assistants position within the Division, and how these positions are staffed, be included on the Peace River School Division Board of Trustees joint meeting on February 2, 2022.
- Send a thank you letter to the Minister of Transportation regarding the letter received on January 6, 2022 and request time lines for the projects.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Health indicating the County’s support for the immediate and long-term recommendations that will inform a new provincial EMS service plan.
Council accepted the Alberta Counsel Government Relations Plan for advocacy priorities as presented.
Council authorized the Reeve to sign the joint letter of support for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police with the Kee Tas Kee Now Tribal Council, Big Lakes County, M.D. of Opportunity and Northern Sunrise County.
Council appointed Councillor Javos to the Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association Board with Councillor Laurin as the alternate.
Council approved the following list of 2022 capital purchases:
- 2022 Public Works Equipment, $1,220,750
- 2022 Agricultural Services Equipment, $228,000
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B399/22 Fees and Charges Bylaw. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the February 8, 2022 regular Council meeting.
- $2,500 to the Nampa Minor Hockey Association to assist with the cost of ice time.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- February 8 & 22, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- February 28, 2022 Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting from 3:00 p.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.