At the regular Council meeting held on January 14, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Renew the Manning Municipal Airport Funding Agreement with the County of Northern Lights.
- Send an application to the Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention for the Partnership-Based Community Safety Program.
- Send a letter of recognition to Sally Barkwell for her induction into the Alberta 4-H Hall of Fame.
- Host a letter in support of the Town of Peace River’s expression of interest for the Family Resource Network’s program.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B366/19 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B369/20 Council Meeting Procedural Bylaw. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested on the January 28, 2020 regular Council meeting agenda.
- Council accepted Policy 2.7 Weed Control and Policy 2.14 Maintaining Biodiversity as presented.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $500 to the North West Regional Skills Canada Competition on April 23-24, 2020 in Fairview, AB.
- $5,000 Eagle sponsorship to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee for the 2020 Pow Wow on June 22-23, 2020 in Northern Sunrise County.
- $100 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee to purchase ten 2020 Pow Wow Calendars.
- $7,500 to the Pawatum, Peace Regional Sports Foundation to assist with the cost of sports equipment.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- January 28 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.
- February 11 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.