At the regular Council meeting held on January 11, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Send the approved Opposition to the Alberta Provincial Police Service Resolution to the Director for the Rural Municipalities District 4 Meeting on February 11, 2022.
- Provide a letter of support to the Peace River Ski Club for their grant application.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Alberta advocating that the contract to provide a Child Psychiatrist for the Peace River School Division be renewed.
- Send a letter to Canada Post requesting that the super mailbox service of twice a week delivery in Marie Reine, AB be restored.
- Request that Northern Sunrise County Council be scheduled as a delegation at the Peace River School Division Board meeting on February 24, 2022 regarding the possible closure of the Nampa Public School.
- Send a letter to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) advising them of CNRL’s filing against the Provincial Assessor and to request that RMA follow the case as it will impact RMA member municipalities.
Council approved the following capital expenditures included in the 2022 Provisional Capital Budget as presented:
- 2022 Gravel Crushing Contract
- 2022 Nampa Regional Civic Center Sewer Line Project
Council authorized the Reeve and Chief Administrative Officer to sign the updated Memorandum of Understanding between Northern Sunrise County, the Village of Nampa and the Nampa & District Historical Society for the operations of the Nampa & District Museum.
- Council approved Policy 3.17 Travel and Subsistence and Policy 3.18 Council and Board Remuneration as amended.
- Louisa Robison with the Peace Library System provided an update on their operations.
- Darren Boyer with Lightcatch provided a presentation on the Lightcatch Ambassador Program.
- Tyler Banick with CN provided an update on the CN Railway Crossing at SW-26-81-21-W5
- Al Kemmere & Zack Ziolkowski with Alberta Counsel provided a presentation on the Government Relations Plan for the County.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- January 25 and February 8, 2022 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.