At the regular Council meeting held on February 12, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Lubicon Lake Band regarding the engineering and design of the Cultural Camp access road.
- Sign the Alberta Economic Development and Trade Grant Agreement for the Community and Regional Economic Support funding for the Target Sector Attraction Strategy for the Sunrise Gateway Business Park.
- Refer the presentation of the Barrhead and Area Regional Crime Coalition All-Net Connect to the Northern Sunrise Rural Crime Watch Committee and the RCMP Community Advisory Committee. As well as research the All-Net Connect technology and bring a report back to a future Council meeting.
- Schedule the annual Resident’s meeting on April 8, 2019 in Marie Reine, AB.
- Schedule the Intermunicipal Development Plan with the Town of Peace River Open Houses on March 12, 2019 from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. at the Northern Sunrise County Administration Building and on March 13, 2019 from 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. with the Town of Peace River, MD of Peace, County of Northern Lights and Northern Sunrise County at the Chateau Nova in Peace River, AB.
- Move forward with the removal of the municipal reserve designation from lots SW-15-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121430; Block 1; Lot 8MR and NE-10-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121430; Block 2; Lot 22MR. A Public Hearing will be scheduled for March 12, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
- Advertise the vacant positions on the FCSS Committee, Subdivision and Development Appeal Board and the Watershed Advisory Committee.
Council appointed Councillor Whitehead to the FCSS Committee for the interim until the Cadotte Lake vacancy is filled.
Council appointed Councillor Gall to the Village of Nampa Economic Development Strategic Planning Committee.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B346/19 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B349/19 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and the MD of Opportunity No. 17 as presented.
- $2,500 to the North Peace Navigators Hockey Club to assist with the purchase of a memorial statue of former coach Darcy Haugan.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- February 26 and March 12 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.