At the regular Council meeting held on August 9, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Accept the proposal from i-Valley for an assessment of broadband service solutions in the County.
- Send a letter of congratulations to Staff Sergeant Dave Browne regarding his new position as the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment Commander.
Council approved a one-year extension for subdivision application 231MK017 on NW-12-82-19-W5M.
Council authorized the Reeve to sign the memorandum of agreement with Alberta Transportation for the Judah Hill slide highway realignment on Highway 744.
- Council gave third reading and passed the following Bylaws as presented:
- Bylaw B409/22 Public Places Bylaw
- Bylaw B410/22 Development Officer Bylaw
- Bylaw B411/22 CAO Bylaw
- Bylaw B412/22 Agricultural Fieldman Bylaw
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B414/22 Dog Control Bylaw as presented. Third reading will be requested at the August 23, 2022 regular Council meeting.
- Policy 1.18 Board and Committee Member Code of Ethics & Guiding Principles was approved as amended.
- Policy 1.34 Public Appointment to Boards and Committees was approved as amended.
- Geeteshwar Anand, Roel Coert, Terry Dalton, Barry Gander and Warren Kalyn with i-Valley provided a presentation regarding stand-alone broadband for rural environments.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- August 23 & September 13, 2022, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.