At the regular Council meeting held on August 27, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Refer the Northern Sunrise County Value Added Agricultural Opportunities report to the County’s Agricultural Service Board and the Economic and Tourism Development Board.
- Reschedule the Service Initiative Review Workshop to October 28-30, 2020
- Reschedule the County Budget Meeting to November 9, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
- Reschedule the Annual Residents Meeting to November 18, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Health regarding the Alberta Medical Association and physician locum services.
- Sign the extension agreement for the Designated Industrial Property Municipal Hybrid contract.
Council proclaimed October 1, 2020 as International Day of Older Persons in Northern Sunrise County.
Council appointed Rod Guttinger to the position of County Assessor as per Bylaw B214/12 County Assessor Bylaw effective August 25, 2020.
Council authorized the Nampa & District Museum to use up to $30,000 of their surplus operational funds of $45,941.77 for renovations in the Nampa & District Museum, contingent upon confirming secured funding for the entire project costs.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B381/20 for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 to add Cannabis Retail Store and Retail Establishment as discretionary uses within the Little Buffalo District. The Public Hearing will be on September 22, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 8 and 22 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.