August 24, 2021 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on August 24, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Provincial and Federal government declaring an Agricultural Disaster in Northern Sunrise County and ask that the County be added to the 2021 Livestock Tax Deferral list.
- Send a letter to the Provincial government asking whether they have received other support for the proposed Provincial police force.
- Initiate a minimum property tax levy of $50.00 per tax roll account effective for the 2022 tax year.
- Bylaw B391/21 Bear Trap Road Closure was given second and third reading as presented.
- Bylaw B396/21 Area Structure Plan for the Sunrise Gateway Business Park Bylaw was given first reading as presented. A public hearing will be held on September 28, 2021 at 10:00 a.m.
- Policy 2.2 Fusarium Graminearum Zero Tolerance was approved as presented.
- Will Petluk from Peace River & District Health Foundation, provided an update on the Foundation’s operations.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- September 14 & September 28, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. All Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber at the Northern Sunrise County Administration Building at 135 Sunrise Road. As an alternative option to attending in person, Council meetings will still be offered virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.