At the regular Council meeting held on August 11, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Use the County cellular tower project to apply for the Municipal Stimulus Program.
- Refer the discussion regarding winter use of the Harmon Valley Park to the 2021 budget discussions.
- Schedule the 2021 budget meeting on October 30, 2020 at 9:30 a.m.
- Enter into a one year lease with Nampa Farmers Restaurant for the premises located at Descriptive Plan 1420638, Block 10, Lot 4, effective September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
Councillor Duval resigned from the position of Deputy Reeve. Councillor Williams was elected as the new Deputy Reeve.
Council appointed Councillor Duval to the Alberta Bilingual Municipal Association Committee.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B380/20 for the purpose of redistricting 17.38 acres within NW-19-82-21-W5M from Agricultural District (A) to Country Residential District (CR) as presented.
- Council approved Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items as presented.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- August 25 and September 8 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.