At the regular Council meeting held on April 11, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter of support to IWantWireless for their Universal Broadband Fund grant application.
- Invite the Senior Operating Officer of the Peace River Community Health Centre to an upcoming Council meeting to discuss their extended temporary bed closure.
Council approved the 2023-2026 operations budget and 2023-2028 capital budget as amended.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B431/23 Tax Rate Bylaw as presented. Third reading will be requested at the April 25, 2023, regular Council meeting.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $50 gift basket for the Heart River Housing Staff Appreciation Event on June 21, 2023.
- $500 for the North West Regional Skills Canada Competition on April 21, 2023, in Fairview, AB.
- $50 gift card for the Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce Trade Show door prize.
- $600 to CKRP Radio Rivière-La-Paix for the Artistes de Chez-Nous series.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- May 9 & May 23, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.