At the regular Council meeting held on January 8, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Canadian Natural in support of their application to the Alberta Energy Regulator for an extension of the Peace River In Situ Oil Sands Project Directive 081 Waiver.
- Send a letter to the Alberta Senators from the Independent Senators Group regarding Bill C-69.
- Send a letter to the Prime Minister and the Minister of Agriculture regarding the seed royalty consultation process.
- Send a letter to the Alberta Senators from the Independent Senators Group regarding Bill C-71.
- Request an exemption from the Minister of Municipal Affairs from the requirements in Sections 605 and 631 of the Municipal Government Act (MGA) for the municipalities of Northern Sunrise County and the Municipal District of Lesser Slave River No. 124 to create an Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) between the two parties, as the common boundaries between the two is composed entirely of provincial Crown Land.
- Council appointed Reeve Kolebaba, Deputy Reeve Duval, Sylvianne Riczu, Sharon Low, and Mathieu Bergeron to the Municipal Development Plan Project Committee.
- Council appointed Marie Dyck to the Municipal Planning Commission.
- Council approved the Watershed Planning and Advisory Councils Funding Resolution for presentation at the Rural Municipalities of Alberta District 4 Zone meeting on February 8, 2019.
- Council authorized the Reeve and Deputy Reeve to bring greetings on behalf of the County at the St. Isidore Carnaval on February 15, 2019 in St. Isidore, AB.
- Council gave second and third reading to and passed Bylaw B317/17 for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 to update definitions, clerical corrections and add Occupation, Home II as a discretionary use in the residential hamlet districts (HR and HMHR) and Agricultural, Intensive as a discretionary use in the Rural Settlement District (RS).
- Council gave second and third reading to and passed Bylaw B340/18 for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 Land Use Bylaw to improve the clarity and consistency of the Bylaw.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B345/19 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 5.98 acres within NE-27-83-21-W5M; Plan 7823144; Block A; Lot 1 from Country Residential District (CR) to Agricultural District (A).
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B341/18 Glyphosate Tolerant Alfalfa.
- $18,000 to Peace River Shell Rotary House to assist with their operations.
- $5000 to Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association to assist with the Agricultural Trade Show. Council also directed Administration to send a letter of support for the Smoky Applied Research and Demonstration Association Agricultural Trade Show Community Initiatives Program grant application.
- $500 to the Peace River Curling Club for the annual Curl for a Cause MS Bonspiel.
- Silent Auction Item in the amount of $250 to the North Peace Gymnastics Club for their New Year’s Fundraiser on January 12, 2019.
- Council received a presentation from Flatiron Aecon Joint Venture regarding the Peace River Bridge project.
- Council received a presentation from the Canadian Association of Oil and Natural Gas Producers.
- Arnold Viersen, Member of Parliament for Peace River–Westlock had a general discussion with Council regarding his work in Ottawa.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- January 29 and February 12 regular Council Meetings