At the regular Council meeting held on September 27, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- send Public Works Unit #32096 – 2013 GMC Sierra Crew Truck and Public Works Unit # 32100 – 2014 Ford F150 Crew Truck to an upcoming Ritchie Bros. auction, as per Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items.
- Send a letter to CN regarding the railroad crossing at the bottom of Judah Hill (Highway 744).
Council approved the Applied Research Associations Funding Resolution and directed Administration to submit the Resolution to the ASB Regional Conference on October 28, 2022 in Grande Prairie, AB.
Council proclaimed September 30, 2022 as National Truth and Reconciliation Day (Orange Shirt Day) in Northern Sunrise County.
Council passed a motion to reduce the residential mill rate from $5 per $1,000 of assessed value to $4 per assessed value for the 2023 taxation year. This rate will be reflected in the 2023 Tax Rate Bylaw that will be brought to Council in April 2023.
Council approved the 2023 Council meeting schedule as presented.
- Council gave third and final reading to Bylaw B416/22 Prohibited Animal Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B417/22 Fees and Charges Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the October 11, 2022 regular Council meeting.
- Council approved amendments to Policy 1.29 Levels of Fire Service as presented.
- Council rescinded Policy 1.12 Tent Subsidization as there is no longer a tent provider.
Donations & Sponsorships:
- $500 to the Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce for the Small Business Week Dinner and Dance Event on October 21, 2022.
- $500 to the Rotary Club of Peace River & The Friends of Ukraine in lieu of attendance at the Welcome Dinner Event on October 22, 2022.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Community Soup Kitchen to assist with their operations.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- October 11, 2022, regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
- October 25, 2022, Council Organizational meeting at 9:30 a.m. and regular Council meeting to follow.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.