At the regular Council meeting held on October 12, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Forgive the tax penalties for 2018 and 2019 for i3 Energy Canada Ltd.
- Apply a $75 credit to all County non-commercial utility accounts due to the ongoing water odor and taste concerns.
- Postpone the Resident’s Meeting scheduled for November 8, 2021 to April 2022 due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Send Public Works Unit #32083-2011 Western Star Plow Truck to an upcoming Ritchie Bros. auction as per Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items.
- Send a letter of Congratulations to Cory Young for receiving the 2021 Minister’s Seniors Service Award in the individual category.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Children’s Services for Alberta and the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development for Canada requesting that the Province and Canada resume negotiations for the provision of the $10/day daycare program in Alberta.
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation requesting sustainable and committed funding for landslides on provincial highways in the Peace Region.
- Send a letter to the Minister of Justice and Solicitor General requesting:
- An update on the release and the review process of the Alberta Provincial Police Transition study by Price Waterhouse Cooper
- Whether letters of support for the Provincial police force have been received from rural municipalities
- An update on the status of the vacant Crown Prosecutor position for Peace River that is to focus on rural crime and repeat offenders.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- October 26 Council Organizational Meeting at 9:30 a.m.
- October 26 regular Council Meeting to follow the Organizational Meeting.
- November 16 regular Council Meeting at 9:30 a.m. Due to the current Provincial temporary health measures in place, members of the public may attend Council meetings virtually via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.