Council declared a Municipal Agricultural Disaster in Northern Sunrise County, as per the recommendation from the County Agricultural Service Board.
Also, at the regular Council meeting Administration was directed to:
- Sign the 2020-2024 Mackenzie Municipal Services Agreement for the provision of land use planning and subdivision services for the County.
- Send Public Works Unit #32069 – 2008 Kenworth T300 Picker Truck to an upcoming Richie Bros. auction as per Policy 1.2 Disposal of Surplus Items.
- Submit a Peace Regional Economic Development Alliance project fund application on behalf of Mighty Peace Tourism for the Community and Regional Economic Support grant.
- Research options for the expansion of cellular and broadband service within the County.
- Support the #eBooksForAll petition to increase the amount of digital content access in public libraries.
- Send a letter of support to the Peace Rotary Club for the Feast Over the Peace River Event to be held on September 12, 2020 at the 12 Foot Davis Park in Northern Sunrise County, AB.
- Sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Village of Nampa and the Nampa and District Historical Society regarding the Nampa Museum.
- Rescinded Policy 1.26 Day Home Grant.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B364/19 Regional Assessment Review Board Bylaw as presented.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw 367/19 Reclamation of NW-3-85-20-W5M (Roll #046634), SE-9-85-20-W5M (Roll #046647), SW-10-85-20-W5M (Roll #046651) and NW-34-84-20-W5M (Roll #046626) Bylaw. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested on the December 10, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B363/19 Bylaw Enforcement Officer Bylaw. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested on the December 10, 2019 regular Council meeting agenda.
Donations and Sponsorships
- $1,000 to the 2020 Community Planning Association of Alberta Annual Conference in Red Deer, AB.
- $500 to the Peace River Curling Club for the 2020 MS Curl for a Cause Bonspiel that will be held on January 31-Feburary 1, 2020 in Peace River Alberta.
- $2,000 to the Cadotte Lake Metis Local #1994 for their annual community Christmas Party
- $1,500 to the Alberta Community Crime Prevention Association Conference held May 4-7, 2020 in Red Deer, AB.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Community Soup Kitchen to assist with their operations.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- December 10, 2019 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.
- January 14, 2020 regular Council Meeting 9:30 a.m.
Watch for the County’s float in the upcoming Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce Santa Claus Parade on November 29, 2019 in Peace River.
Also stay tuned for details of the County’s Christmas Open House on December 18, 2019.