At the regular Council meeting held on May 14, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Alberta Transportation regarding the proposed changes for reclassifying service rigs and replacing rural road permits with provincial permits, outlining the County’s concerns.
- Send a letter of support to the St. Isidore Cultural Committee for their Community Facilities Enhancement Program application for the construction of new infrastructure to store the Zamboni in St. Isidore.
- Close all County office locations on June 7, 2019 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. to allow all staff to participate in the County Staff Barbeque.
- Send a letter to CN thanking them for being proactive with their vegetation management program for rail right of ways.
- Promote the Peace River Motocross Association on the County’s social media sites.
Council approved the temporary road closure of a portion of Sunrise Road from the entrance to Fairgrounds Road to Willy’s Trucking from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on June 26, 2019 for the County’s Canada Day Celebration.
Council appointed David LeBlanc, Julien Bergeron, Ian Cosh, and Robert Hankins as Fire Guardians for Northern Sunrise County, who shall exercise the powers and duties of Fire Guardian as set out in the Forest and Prairie Protection Act to the best of their ability, for a period of one year, from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
Council appointed Eryn Beach, Madison Brent, Tori Svecla, Christina Thiessen, Arden Marceau, Danelle Krall, and Jordana Morrison as Weed and Pest Inspectors for the period of their employment with Northern Sunrise County.
- Council approved Policy 5.11 Substance Abuse.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B351/19 for the purpose of redistricting Plan 0621444, Block 1, Lot 1; Plan 0724821, Block 5, Lots 5 & 6; Plan 0727567, Block 1, Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18; Plan 0822238, Block 1, Lot 22; Plan 1222205, Lot 1, Lot 2; Plan 1420832, Block 3, Lot 2; Plan 1423921, Block 3, Lot 1; Plan 1425575, Block 3, Lot 4; Plan 1820580, Block 1, Lot 5; Plan 8521671, Block 3, Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Block 4, Lot 1, Block 5, Lots 1, 4; Plan 8622777, Block 1, Lot 1 and SE-23-83-21-W5M to Sunrise Gateway Business Park Industrial District (MSG) and Plan 0526210, Block 6, Lot 6; Plan 1321637, Block 4, Lot 0; Plan 1423321, Block 3, Lot 3; Plan 1425575, Block 3, Lot 3; Plan 1820580, Block 1, Lot 6; Plan 8521671, Block 4, Lot 2; Plan 8622492, Block 6, Lots 4 & 5 and SE-23-83-21-W5M be redesignated to Sunrise Gateway Business Park Commercial District (CSG). Brewery, Winery or Distillery will be enabled as a discretionary use within CSG.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B353/19 for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 to add Industrial, Light Manufacturing and Processing and Industrial, Heavy Manufacturing and Processing as discretionary uses within the Crude Oil Storage District. The Public Hearing will be on June 11, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council received a presentation from Savage CANAC Corporation regarding their proposed diversification of the Savage facility in Reno, AB.
Sponsorships and Donations:
- $3,000 to the Town of Peace River for their annual fireworks display for the Canada Day Celebration.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Motocross Association to assist with purchasing equipment to maintain the motocross track.
- $25,000 to the Peace River Ski Club to assist with the operations of the ski hill for 2019.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- May 28 and June 11 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.