At the regular Council meeting held on May 12, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to CN regarding the County’s drainage project at the railway crossing located on SW-26-81-21-W5M.
- Send a letter of support to the MD of Greenview No. 16 regarding their request to join the Intermunicipal Weed and Pest Appeal Board with Big Lakes County, the County of Northern Lights and Northern Sunrise County.
- Enter into a Land Lease Agreement with Lavoie Agriculture Ltd. to lease NW-3-85-20-W5M, SE-9-85-20-W5M, SW-10-85-20-W5M and NW-34-84-20-W5M for the land under an Order of Reclamation.
- Send a letter of congratulations to Julien Bergeron, Deputy Fire Chief and Firefighter Paul Hebert for the support they provided to the Northwest Incident Management Team during the Mackenzie County State of Local Emergency.
- Send a letter to Alberta Health regarding the County’s concern for rural health care.
- Send a letter to MP Arnold Viersen regarding the delay of the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission Broadband grant funding, and concerns regarding rural internet connectivity.
- Re-schedule the May 14, 2020 Public Land Auction to September 17, 2020 due to the public health restrictions from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Cancel the Public Land Auction scheduled for May 21, 2020 due to the public health restrictions from the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Council proclaimed May 25-29, 2020 as Rural Health Week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council proclaimed June 1-7, 2020 as Seniors’ Week in Northern Sunrise County.
Council gave three readings and passed Bylaw B374/20 Property Tax Deferrals and Payment Incentives Bylaw as presented.
Council gave first reading to Bylaw B375/20 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 17.84 acres within SE-1-82-23-W5M from Natural Resource Industrial District (NRM) to Direct Control (DC). A Public Hearing for the Bylaw has been scheduled for June 9, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Josea Gagnon, Brigitte Kropielnicki, Sylvianne Maisonneuve and Mario Paradis with the Conseil Scolaire du Nord-Ouest, provided an update on their new school facility construction that will begin in 2021 in the Town of Peace River.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- May 26 and June 9 regular Council Meetings 9:30 a.m.
As the County Administration building remains closed to the public, all upcoming Council meetings are available to join online. The public is welcome to submit written communication regarding a Council agenda item before the Council meeting begins.