July 14, 2020 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on July 14, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Sign the Heart River Housing 2020/21 Letter of Understanding.
Council completed and submitted the Alberta Infrastructure Act and 20-Year Strategic Capital Plan: Engagement Opportunity Survey.
Council approved the appointment of Dave van Tamelen and Corinna Williams of Northern Sunrise County, Orren Ford of the Town of Peace River, Peter Gunning of the Town of Manning, Guy Beaudoin of the Town of Falher, Quinton Bulford of the Village of Nampa and Theresa Hrab of the MD of Fairview No. 136 as members and Fiona Ness as a clerk of the Peace Regional Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B378/20 Fire Services Bylaw.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B377/20 for the purpose of redistricting 14.46 acres within NE9-85-20-W5M; Plan 1823440; Block 1; Lot 1 from Agricultural District (A) to Rural Industrial District (RM).
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B380/20 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 18 acres within NW-19-82-21-W5M from Agricultural District (A) to Country Residential District (CR). A
Public Hearing for the Bylaw has been scheduled for August 11, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B379/20 Prohibited and Noxious Species.
- Council approved Policy 2.1 Clubroot of Canola, Policy 2.2 Fusarium Graminearum Zero Tolerance, Policy 2.4 Grasshoppers, Policy 2.6 Virulent Blackleg, Policy 2.7 Weed Control and Policy 2.11 Pest Control as presented.
- Council rescinded Policy 2.16 Glyphosate Tolerant Alfalfa.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- July 28 and August 11 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.