At the regular Council meeting held on January 12, 2021, Administration was directed to:
- Send the completed survey regarding the Peace River Flood Study to Alberta Environment and Parks.
- Send a letter of congratulations to TC Energy regarding the completion of the Buffalo Creek and Goodfish Project.
- Request a virtual meeting with the Minister of Municipal Affairs during the Rural Municipalities of Alberta Spring Convention on March 16-17, 2021.
- Send a letter to Municipal Affairs requesting for provisions for municipalities to hold virtual Public Land Sales during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Council authorized the Director of Emergency Management to enter into the amended Delegation of Authority for the Village of Nampa and Northern Sunrise County in the event of an emergency within the Village of Nampa.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B383 Municipal Planning Commission as presented. Third reading will be requested at the January 26, 2021 regular Council meeting.
- Kate Blakey with the Heart River Golf Club provided a presentation regarding their donation request for equipment to maintain the golf course.
- Dianne Chiasson with the Conseil de d’Eveloppement de l’Alberta provided a presentation on the Municipal Energy Manager Program.
Upcoming Council Meeting:
- January 26 & February 9, 2021 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.
- As the provincial limitations of 2 metre physical distancing remain in effect, all upcoming Council meetings will continue to be held electronically via Zoom. To access electronic Council meetings, please do the following:
- Go to www.northernsunrise.net
- Scroll down and click on Go To Civicweb Portal on the Council meeting Agendas and Minutes box.
- Follow the instructions listed in the Electronic Council Meetings information box on the page.