At the regular Council meeting held on February 25, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to Alberta Infrastructure requesting a breakdown of funds allocated for the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP)
- Request to host the Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch Association Annual General Meeting in February 2021.
Council appointed Cindy Millar, Chief Administrative Officer as the Director of Emergency Management for the County.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B360/20 Water and Sewer Bylaw.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B368/20 Fees and Charges Bylaw. The Fees and Charges Bylaw comes into effect immediately, with the exception of the water rates which will come into effect March 1, 2020.
- Lindsay Pratt with Heart River Housing provided an update on their operations and the 2020 Seniors Lodge Requisition.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $750 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee for the Indigenous Fashion Show on March 21, 2020 in Peace River, AB.
- $500 to Big Lakes County for the Big Lakes Invitational Charity Golf Tournament on August 6, 2020 in High Prairie, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- March 10 & 24 regular Council Meetings 9:30 a.m.