At the regular Council meeting held on April 7, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Submit the Agricultural Service Board Five Year Grant application to Alberta Agriculture and Forestry for 2020-2024.
- Enter into a Mutual Aid Agreement with Woodland Cree First Nation.
- Enter into a Mutual Aid Agreement with Loon River First Nation.
- Schedule the annual Residents Meeting for November 9, 2020 in St. Isidore, AB.
Council authorized the Reeve to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Fish and Wildlife Enforcement Branch for a Seasonal Problem Wildlife Technician.
Council appointed David LeBlanc, Julien Bergeron and Ian Cosh as Fire Guardians for Northern Sunrise County from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
Council approved the 2020-2022 Operations Budget and the 2020-2024 Capital Budget as presented.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B373/20 Tax Rate Bylaw as presented. Third reading of the Bylaw will be requested at the April 21, 2020 regular Council meeting.
Council approved the following Policies as presented:
- Policy 2.2 Fusarium Graminearum
- Policy 2.13 Remotely Piloted Aircraft System
- Policy 3.18 Council and Board Remuneration
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- April 21 and May 12 regular Council Meetings 9:30 a.m.
As the County Administration building remains closed to the public, all upcoming Council meetings are available to join online. The public is also welcome to submit written communication regarding a Council agenda item before the Council meeting begins.