At the regular Council meeting held on April 25, 2023, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Minister of Environment and Protected Areas regarding the exemption of newspaper from the extended producer responsibility program.
- Invite the Chief and Council of Lubicon Lake Band #453 and Chief and Council of Woodland Cree First Nation to meet with Council.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B431/23 Tax Rate Bylaw as presented.
- Cal Dakin and Stephan Szabo with Mercer Peace River provided a 10 axle log trucks presentation.
- Cheri Peterson with MNP presented the Northern Sunrise County 2022 Audited Financial Statements.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $5,000 for the Peace River Pow Wow on June 3-4, 2023, in Northern Sunrise County.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- May 9 & May 23, 2023, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance.
To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.