At the regular Council meeting held on July 9, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Appoint Paige Matiasiewich as a Weed and Pest Inspector for the period of her employment.
- Work with ATCO Gas on capping and removing the exposed gas line on Highway 744 – Judah Hill.
- Have a large rock engraved to commemorate the County’s 25th Anniversary and have the rock incorporated into the landscape after the renovations are complete.
- Write a letter to the Minister of Municipal Affairs, copied to RMA, requesting more information about the status of the development of a broadband strategy.
- Write a letter to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta requesting the Association’s plans to educate the newly appointed Ministers and urban MLAs on rural Alberta.
- Work with Woodland Cree First Nation to develop an agreement regarding Mamowintowin Hall and recreation areas in Cadotte Lake.
- Send Red Tape Reduction feedback to the Rural Municipalities of Alberta.
- Co-host the Lobbying Government Effectively seminar with the Municipal District of Peace No. 135 at the St. Isidore Cultural Center.
- Council gave third reading to Bylaw B355/19 for the purpose of authorizing the municipality to enter into an agreement to establish an Intermunicipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.
- Council received a presentation from Karen Diebert and Hector Perez of Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency regarding the Agency’s five-year strategic plan.
- Council received a presentation from Justin Hicks of ATCO Gas regarding the exposed natural gas line on Highway 744 – Judah Hill.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- July 23 and August 13 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.