1. Northern Sunrise County strives to ensure that the privacy and confidentiality of a person’s personal information is protected. All personal information is managed according to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
2. When you visit the County website, whether it be browsing and reading pages, or by downloading information, please be advised that the County automatically gathers and stores limited information about your visit. The following information collected is not personal, however the County collects and stores such information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use.
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the County’s web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the County’s site;
- The date and time you access the County’s site;
- The pages you visit on the County’s site; and
- If you are linked to the County web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
5. If you choose to provide the County with personal information in an e-mail, filling out a form or using our online services, the County will use that information to respond to your message, aid in bettering our services, and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service, and will not be released otherwise without your prior consent.
6. Such information noted above that is collected is subject to the FOIP Act. The personal information you share with the County is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you and will not be used for any other purpose than with which it was collected. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of Northern Sunrise County and may be accessed internally without further consent.