At the regular Council meeting held on May 28, 2019, Administration was directed to:
- Invite representatives from ATCO Gas to attend a future Council meeting to discuss the exposed natural gas pipeline on Highway 744/Judah Hill
- Transfer the existing Department License of Occupation (DLO) from Northern Sunrise County (County) to Woodland Cree First Nation #474 for the purpose of creating a cultural centre.
- Send a letter of support to the Nampa & District Historical Society for their Community Facilities Enhancement Program grant application for the paving of the gravel pathway at the museum grounds.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B354/19 Intermunicipal Development Plan with the Town of Peace River. The Public Hearing is scheduled for June 25, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Sponsorships and Donations:
- $10,000 to the Western Zones Racing Association for the 2019 World Jet Boat Races
- A silent auction item to the Peace Regional Victim Services and Peace Regional RCMP Charity Golf Tournament that will be held on June 14, 2019 in Peace River, AB.
- $400 to the Peace River Stampeders Baseball Club for their facility rentals for the 2019 baseball season.
- $600 to the Cadotte Lake Metis Local #1994 for their Seniors Week event on June 6, 2019 in Cadotte Lake, AB
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- June 11 and 25 regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m.