The Prevent it! workshop is brought to you by Little Warriors, a national charitable organization based in Canada committed to the awareness, prevention, and treatment of child sexual abuse.
During the 3-hour workshop adults will learn to take action to help prevent child sexual abuse using the following steps:
Study – Participants learn about child sexual abuse and become familiar with basic information about it. Individuals will learn about healthy sexual development and what is expected in children as well as what behaviours are concerning.
Talk – Participants will learn that talking with children about their sexual development and about child sexual abuse as a critical step in reducing their vulnerability to sexual abuse.
Observe – Participants will learn about concerning signs to watch for in children that could indicate sexual abuse has occurred. Individuals will also learn about concerning signs to watch for in other adults.
Prepare for ACTION – Participants will learn ways they can begin taking action today, to help prevent child sexual abuse through supporting children they are concerned about as well as working to reduce the risk of sexual abuse to other children.
The workshop is useful for parents, professionals and organizations that are
• interested in learning how to protect the children in their lives
• seeking training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse
• wanting to be leaders in health and safety regarding child protection
• wanting to make a difference in their community
• needing to respond to insurance or child protection requirements