Northern Sunrise County has implemented an addressing system based on provincial guidelines with the purpose of better defining where access is gained for a residence. This is largely beneficial over legal land locations, as they define an area of up to hundreds of acres, whereas a rural address defines exactly where along a road to get access to the residence within 1/40 of a mile.
How it Works
- The following are the guidelines used in assigning a rural address:
- Address numbers will be assigned to each address interval starting in the southeast corner, increasing from south to north and east to west.
- Addresses will be determined at the location where access is gained to the residence along a township road, range road, or a highway.
- Each mile of road will be divided into 40 equal address intervals creating 80 address intervals (40 on each side).
- Even address numbers are on the North and West sides of the road, odd numbers on the South and East sides of the road.