At the regular Council meeting held on March 24, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- add gravel and till the first 10 kilometres of East Ridge Road to provide a surface that can be graded until oil is re-applied. This includes re-shaping the road to reduce width and haul away excess material. On an as required basis, dig out select soft spots, adding soil cement or reconditioning the subgrade at depth and apply oil stabilized gravel to the repaired road if possible, to a maximum cost of $500,000 for 2020.
- Proceed with the Property Crime Prevention Advertising Campaign as presented.
- Allocate $500,000 from municipal reserves into the 2020 Capital Budget for the purpose of constructing four cellular towers within the County to improve cellular networks and broadband; contingent upon receiving the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission Broadband Grant.
Council approved the Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Agreement and the Operational Cost Sharing Agreement between Northern Sunrise County and the Town of Peace River as presented.
- Council approved Policy 1.33 Entrepreneur Grant Program 2020 and Entrepreneur Grant Application Form as presented.
- Sergeant Dave Browne and Constable Roxanne Noss with the Peace Regional RCMP Detachment provided an update on the 2020 policing goals and objectives and the December 2019 to March 2020 Community Liaison Officer Report.
Postponed County Meetings due to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- April 2, 2020 Public Land Auction to May 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- April 6 Residents Meeting postponed to the Fall of 2020. The new date will be advertised once it has been finalized.
- April 7, 2020 Public Hearing for Bylaw B372/20 the purpose of redistricting approximately 16 acres of SE-6-83-20- W5M from Agricultural District into one 6 acre portion for Rural Industrial Use and one 10 acre portion for Country Residential use to June 23, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
- April 7, 2020 Public Hearing for the removal of the Municipal Reserve designation for seven lots within Little Buffalo to June 23, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
- April 9 Public Land Auction to May 21, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- April 7 and April 21 regular Council Meetings 9:30 a.m.