At the regular Council meeting held on March 10, 2020, Administration was directed to:
- Move forward with the removal of the municipal reserve designation from lots SW-15-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121430; Block 1; Lot 1MR, NE10-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121430; Block 1; Lot 12MR, NW-11-86-14- W5M; Plan 8121420; Block 5; Lot 62MR, SW-10-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121430; Block 7; Lot 75MR, SW-11-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121420; Block 9; Lot 82MR, Block 10; Lot 97MR, and SW-2-86-14-W5M; Plan 8121420; Block 12; Lot 103MR.
- A Public Hearing for this item will be held on April 7, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
- Provide options to Council for East Ridge Road.
- Send a letter to Alberta Agriculture and Forestry regarding the removal of Fusarium graminearum from the Pest and Nuisance Control Regulation.
- Follow-up regarding the request from the Lubicon Lake Band No. 453 dated February 10, 2020 regarding a fire hall in the Hamlet of Little Buffalo.
- Send a letter of support to the St. Isidore Cultural Committee for the Community Spaces grant application to acquire a shed to house their Zamboni.
- Schedule a Special Council Meeting on March 23, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. to be held at the Town of Peace River Council Chamber for the purpose of conducting a joint council meeting for the approval of the Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Agreement and Operational Cost Sharing Agreement with the Town of Peace River.
- Proceed with the sale of 90 lots (230.6 acres of lands) located within the hamlet of Little Buffalo, to 2033800 Alberta Ltd., or such other corporation that is controlled by the Lubicon Lake Band #453 in the amount of $408,162.00 with conditions to be developed in coordination with legal counsel.
- Set the reserve bid for the following thirteen Tax Rolls for the public tax auction scheduled for April 2, 2020: Tax Roll 048727 at $8,270; Tax Roll 048730 at $8,270; Tax Roll 158262 at $8,270; Tax Roll 225704 at $106,000; Tax Roll 234254 at $$150,000; Tax Roll 183580 at $$196,000; Tax Roll 048135 at $3,090; Tax Roll 049337 at $3,090; Tax Roll 223685 at $368,930; Tax Roll 313457 at $3,090; Tax Roll 313589 at $3,090; Tax Roll 313595 at $3,090; Tax Roll 048141 at $3,090.
- Set the reserve bid for the following sixteen Tax Rolls for the public tax auction scheduled for April 9, 2020: Tax Roll 216702 at $2,840; Tax Roll 216704 at $87,330; Tax Roll 216705 at $3,100; Tax Roll 216706 at $18,900; Tax Roll 216707 at $4,310; Tax Roll 216708 at $15,860; Tax Roll 216709 at $3,670; Tax Roll 216710 at $12,200; Tax Roll 216711 at $4,530; Tax Roll 216712 at $3,090; Tax Roll 216713 at $43,060; Tax Roll 216714 at $3,100; Tax Roll 216715 at $28,600; Tax Roll 216745 at $124,180; Tax Roll 216812 at $26,770; Tax Roll 216841 at $2,940.
Council appointed Nicole Proud to the FCSS Committee as the member for Ward 3 – Marie Reine/Judah.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B372/20 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 16 acres of SE-6-83-20-W5M from Agricultural District into one 6 acre portion for Rural Industrial Use and one 10 acre portion for Country Residential use. A Public Hearing for the Bylaw will be held on April 7, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
- County Resident Dan Shewchuk provided a presentation regarding East Ridge Road.
- Jay White with Aquality Environmental provided a presentation regarding the Heart River Water Quality Monitoring Program.
- Dana Blayone provided a presentation regarding Peacefest On The Town on June 12-13, 2020 in Peace River, AB.
- Jonathan Pittman provided a presentation regarding the donation request for the Peace Country Regional Science Fair on March 19-20, 2020 in Peace River, AB.
Donations and Sponsorships:
- $2,500 to the Peace Country Regional Science Foundation to assist with the costs for the Peace Country Regional Science Fair on March 19-20, 2020 in Peace River, AB.
- $200 to the Peace Regional RCMP Advisory Committee for the Preventing Alcohol and Risk Related Trauma in Youth (P.A.R.T.Y.) Program event on May 12-13, 2020 in St. Isidore, AB.
- $393.75 to the Peace River Palliative Care Society to assist with their advertising costs for the Light Up a Memory Campaign.
- $1,000 to the Peace Region Dance Society for the Dance Festival on March 14-15, 2020 in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- March 23 Special Council Meeting at 5:00 p.m. to be held at the Town of Peace River Council Chamber for the purpose of conducting a joint council meeting for the approval of the Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Agreement and Operational Cost Sharing Agreement with the Town of Peace River.
- March 24 and April 7 regular Council Meetings 9:30 a.m.