At the regular Council meeting held on July 26, 2022, Administration was directed to:
- Submit the approved Sustainability of Small Rural Schools Resolution for the Rural Municipalities of Alberta District 4 Meeting on August 12, 2022.
- Send a letter to the North Peace Housing Foundation approving the proposal to complete the Regional Needs Assessment.
Council authorized the Reeve to sign the Offer to Sell agreement for the sale of Plan 0826705 Block 3 Lot 1 to Alberta Transportation.
Council approved the temporary road closure of a portion of Sunrise Road from the entrance to Fairgrounds Road to Willy’s Trucking from 10:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. on August 13, 2022, for the County’s Jump & Jam event.
- Council gave second and third reading to Bylaw B408/22 for the purpose of redistricting 19 parcels within the Hamlet of Little Buffalo to the Little Buffalo District and 2 parcels redesignated to Hamlet Public District as presented.
- Council gave first and second reading to the following Bylaws as presented:
- Bylaw B409/22 Public Places Bylaw
- Bylaw B410/22 Development Officer Bylaw
- Bylaw B411/22 CAO Bylaw
- Bylaw B412/22 Agricultural Fieldman Bylaw
Third reading of the Bylaws will be requested at the August 9, 2022, regular Council meeting.
- $1,000 to the Peace River Aboriginal Interagency Committee for their National Day of Truth and Reconciliation event on September 30, 2022, in Peace River, AB.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- August 9 & 23, 2022, regular Council Meetings at 9:30 a.m. in the Northern Sunrise County Council Chamber.
Council meetings will also be available for virtual attendance. To access the meeting link visit northernsunrise.civicweb.net.