PROPOSED BYLAW NO. B317/17
Pursuant to the Municipal Government Act, being Chapter M-26 of the Statutes of Alberta, notice is hereby given that the Council of Northern Sunrise County will hold a Public Hearing prior to the second reading of Bylaw No. B317/17 for an amendment to the Northern Sunrise County Land Use Bylaw B275/15.
Bylaw B317/17 would amend Bylaw B275/15 as follows:
- The General Policy Statement was updated, removing the word Farming and replacing it with Agricultural Operations.
- The definitions for Agricultural, Intensive and Agricultural, Extensive were updated.
- Agricultural, Intensive was enabled as a discretionary use in the Rural Settlement District to ensure that residents would be able to conduct the concentrated raising of crops and/or animals (excluding confined feeding lots).
- The definition for Farming Operation was removed and replaced with Agricultural Operation as it is identified in the Agricultural Operation Practices Act.
- A definition for Personal Service was added and enabled as a discretionary use in the Hamlet Commercial and the Little Buffalo Districts.
- Development Not Requiring a Development Permit Section 3.2.1(5) was amended replacing the words Farming Operation with Agriculture, Extensive.
- Permission for Development Section 3.3.4 was amended to include a reference to Part 1.5 (Definitions) of Bylaw B275/15.
- The definition for Natural Resource Extraction was amended to specifically include sand and gravel.
- Clerical corrections in Section 5.9 which previously identified as Sections 5.8 incorrectly.
- Occupation, Home II was enabled as a discretionary use in Hamlet Residential and Hamlet Manufactured Home Residential. In addition, the definition has been updated to identify client visits and personal services as uses.
The Public Hearing is to be held on January 8, 2019 at 10:00 am in the Council Chambers at the Northern Sunrise County office. Information regarding these amendments to the proposed bylaw may be viewed at the Northern Sunrise County office during regular work hours, Monday to Friday from 8:15am to 4:30pm. Please forward written submissions to the Development Officer no later than noon on Friday January 4, 2019. If you have any questions regarding the hearing please call the County office at (780) 624-0013.