At the October 23, 2018 organizational meeting, Councillor Kolebaba was re-elected Reeve by acclamation. Councillor Duval was re-elected Deputy Reeve, also by acclamation.
Council appointed public members to the Agricultural Service Board, Agricultural Weed and Pest Notice Appeal Board, Economic and Tourism Development Committee, FCSS Committee, Municipal Planning Commission, Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, and the Watershed Advisory Committee. A complete list of all Boards and Committees will soon be available on the County website.
Council also appointed Councillors to the above committees and boards as well as several external committees. These appointments will also be included in the list of all Boards and Committees that will be available on the County’s website.
At the regular Council meeting held on October 23, 2018, Administration
was directed to:
- Send the approved FCSS Terms of Reference to the Village of Nampa for their information.
- Request an extension from Alberta Municipal Affairs from two to three years for the Intermunicipal Development Plan and Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework with the Municipal District of Peace No. 135.
- Request an exemption from the Minister of Municipal Affairs for Northern Sunrise County and the Municipal District of Opportunity No. 17 to create an Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) between the two parties, as the common boundaries between the two is composed entirely of provincial Crown Land.
- Apply for a grant opportunity from the Federation of Canadian Municipalities’ Municipal Asset Management Program for the County’s Asset Management.
- Include the donation request from the Peace River Rotary House on the meeting agendas for December 11, 2018 with the County of Northern Lights and the MD of Peace; and December 18, 2018 with the Town of Peace River.
- Council gave third reading, passing Bylaw B336/18 Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework between Northern Sunrise County and the Village of Nampa.
- Council gave second and third reading, passing Bylaw B332/18 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 5.62 acres within SW-26-83-21-W5M; Plan 0621444; Block 1; Lot 1 from Direct Control District (DC) to Rural Industrial District (RM).
- Council gave second and third reading, passing Bylaw B333/18 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 36 acres within SW21-85-19-W5M from Agricultural District (A) to Rural Industrial District (RM) as amended.
- Policy 1.5 Community Halls Support was approved as amended.
- Policy 3.18 Council and Board Remuneration was approved as amended.
- $3,000 to the Peace River Community Soup Kitchen to assist with their 2018 operations.
- Council received a presentation from Kineticor regarding the Three Creeks Power project.
- Council received a presentation from the Peace River Rotary House regarding the Shell Rotary House and requesting a donation of $18,000 to assist with their operations for 2019.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- November 13 & 27 – Regular Council Meetings. All meetings start at 9:30 a.m.
Watch for the County’s float in the upcoming Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce Santa Claus Parade on November 24, 2018 in Peace River.
Also stay tuned for details of the County’s Christmas Open House in December 2018.