Council directed Administration to request an update on the monitoring of the slide on Judah Hill (Highway 744).
Council directed Administration to draft an amendment to Bylaw B275/15 Land Use Bylaw to define that Cannabis Retail Sales would be enabled as a Discretionary Use in Industrial Districts only.
Council directed Administration to submit the following topics for the Northern Alberta Elected Leaders meeting on July 13, 2018 in Valleyview, AB;
- Rural Crime Watch
- Northern Transportation Advisory Bureau
Council participated in the Local Authorities Election Act review survey and directed Administration to submit the survey to Alberta Municipal Affairs.
Bylaws & Policies:
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B329/18 for the purpose of amending Land Use Bylaw B275/15 to include the definitions for Cannabis, Cannabis Retail Sales, and Cannabis Production Facility. The Public Hearing for Bylaw B329/18 has been scheduled for July 9, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
- Council approved Policy 1.20 Internet Grant Supplement as amended.
- Council received a presentation from Canadian Natural regarding an update on their operations in the County.
- Council received a presentation from Obsidian Energy regarding an update on their operations in the County.
- $6,000 to the Nampa & District Historical Society for their Wine Gala event on December 1, 2018 in Peace River, AB.
- $25,000 to the Peace River Ski Club to assist with the operations of the ski hill in 2018.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- July 9 and 24 – Regular Council Meeting, starts at 9:30 a.m.