December 11, 2018 Council Meeting
At the regular Council meeting held on December 11, 2018, Administration
was directed to:
- Send a letter to the Town of Peace River indicating that the County is not in favour of the proposed funding model for the Peace Regional Recreation Centre. Council also requested that the Regional Recreation Committee be reconvened.
- Council appointed Gordon Shaw to the FCSS Committee for Cadotte Lake, the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, and the Watershed Advisory Committee.
- Council gave third reading to and passed Bylaw B337/18 to Repeal Bylaw B040/97 Provide for a License Agreement Respecting a Portion of a Road Allowance, Bylaw B042/98 Road License Agreements, and Bylaw B047/98 Road License Agreements as presented.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B340/18 for the purpose of amending Bylaw B275/15 Land Use Bylaw to improve the clarity and consistency of the Bylaw as presented. A Public Hearing has been scheduled for January 8, 2019 at 10:30 a.m.
- Council gave first and second reading to Bylaw B341/18 Glyphosate Tolerant Alfalfa as presented.
- Council approved Policy 2.3 Grass Seeding as presented.
- Council approved Policy 2.9 Municipal Rights-of-Way as presented.
- $5,000 to In The Woods Animal Rescue Society to assist with their 2018 operations.
- $10,000 for the 2019 Peace Regional Airshow.
- $1,250 for the 2019 Community Planning Association of Alberta annual conference.
- $2,500 for the 2019 Peace River & District Chamber of Commerce 2019 Davis Business Awards event.
- $10,000 to the Peace River Salvation Army Food Bank
- $5,000 to the Christmas Card Program
- $2,000 to the Cadotte Lake Metis Local #1994 Annual Christmas Party
- Council received a presentation from the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum regarding an update of their operations.
- Council received a presentation from the Heart River Golf Club requesting a donation to purchase equipment to maintain the golf course grounds.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- January 8 and 29 regular Council Meeting