A vibrant and dynamic County, reflecting strong values and progressive attitudes, while balancing nature and economic growth in a global environment.
The County's Municipal Development Plan (MDP) provides Northern Sunrise County Council, administration, residents, and developers with a cohesive framework to guide local decision-making in a way that is consistent with the County’s long term vision. Specifically, the plan was developed to:
- Protect the County’s better agricultural land and rural character.
- Guide future land use, infrastructure and development related policy decisions in a manner that reflects the County’s priorities for future growth.
- Support and promote the County’s natural assets and tourism potential by protecting, promoting and enhancing its environmentally sensitive areas and open spaces.
- Promote residential, commercial and industrial growth that adheres to sustainable and efficient development practices and standards.
- Establish protocol through which the County will coordinate with municipal neighbours to identify and promote areas to support long term growth in the Peace Region.