At the regular Council meeting held on August 28, 2018, Administration was directed to:
- Send a letter of support to the Nampa & District Historical Society for their Community Facilities Enhancement Grant application.
- Follow up with Alberta Transportation regarding appropriate signage for the new intersection of Highway 986 and 688.
- Research the TRACTag system and bring a report back to Council.
- Follow up with the timeline of the second overlay of oil stabilized gravel in Little Buffalo, AB.
- Schedule a meeting with V3 and the Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency on October 23, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. to discuss the draft Intermunicipal Development Plan with the Town of Peace River.
- Send a letter to CN advising that the County is in support of the proposed upgrade of the railway crossing on Township Road 810 in 2020. The County will contribute the estimated $40,000 towards the project.
- Council received a presentation from TELUS regarding an operations update in the County.
- Council had a discussion with members of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) regarding Regulated Industrial Proper Assessment Minister’s Guidelines, linking of the status of passed resolutions to the sponsoring municipality, the Police Act review, cost of electricity, and RMA services to rural municipalities.
- Council donated $100 to the Peace River Seventh-Day Adventist Church for the cost of portable washrooms for their outdoor Church service that was held on September 1, 2018 in the County.
- Council donated $250 to the Peace Regional Healthcare Attraction and Retention Committee to assist with the cost of coffee and snacks for the Skills weekend event that will be held September 23, 2018.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B332/18 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 5.62 acres within SW-26-83-21-W5M; Plan 0621444; Block 1; Lot 1 from Direct Control District (DC) to Rural Industrial District (RM). Council scheduled a Public Hearing for September 25, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.
- Council gave first reading to Bylaw B333/18 for the purpose of redistricting approximately 159 acres within SW-21-85-19-W5M from Agricultural District (A) to Rural Industrial District (RM). Council scheduled a Public Hearing for September 25, 2018 at 10:30 a.m.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
- September 11 & 25, October 9 – Regular Council Meetings. All meetings start at 9:30 a.m.
- October 12 – Governance & Priorities Meeting – 9:00 a.m.
- October 19 – Governance & Priorities Committee Meeting for 2019 Budget discussions. – 9:30 a.m.